Have you thought of drawing up a different list of resolutions this year?
Have you thought about getting involved in the world of cat rescue, but didn’t know how?
Here then, are twelve different ways – one for each month – for you to resolve to make a difference in the lives of rescue kittens and cats this year. Even if you choose only one, that choice will make all the difference in the world to them.
1. Contact TCMR and ask to volunteer for us. Since volunteers form the backbone of every nonprofit organization, no group can function successfully without them, and there are many ways to help out.
2. Encourage ONE feline-loving friend to volunteer alongside you.
3. Click onto our website and make a monetary contribution to us online.
4. Purchase and donate items to us from the “wish lists” featured on our site.
5. Follow our Facebook page, “like” us, “comment” and “share” our postings on a daily basis.
6. Participate in as many online events as paws-ible: from auctions and special events to funding a specific feline’s medical costs to general GoFundMe appeals.
7. Instead of accepting birthday or anniversary gifts this year, ask your family and friends to make contributions to TCMR in your name.
8. Host a small fundraiser (bake sales, garage sales and yard sales are among the most popular) and donate the proceeds to us. You will receive not only our gratitude, but a tax receipt as well.
9. Sign petitions calling on your city to ban the sale of cats in all pet stores unless they’re from animal shelters, rescue groups like ours or from people surrendering them for free.
10. Sponsor a kitty wherever feasible.
11. Foster an available cat. After learning what’s required of you, welcome one very needy and deserving kitty into your home temporarily, until he or she can be placed in a purr-manent home.
12. Adopt one of our kitties and save two lives – the life of the one you’re adopting, and the life of the one taking his or her place.